Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Penland Bell

Last summer at Penland School of Crafts in North Carolina, I took a class in making clay instruments with the wonderful Brian Ransom. Just yesterday, this bell was completed with the addition of a wooden knocker, brass wire, and antique beads and buttons. It sounds beautiful. The design was one I found in Brian's book, an ancient Indian bell shape which reminds me of the brass bells I used to buy at "World Bazaar" It was stamped with clay stamps I've made over the years, painted with terra sigillata and salt-fired. About 4" high.

4 comments:

superdave524 said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely artwork with the masses.

superdave524 said...

I, being one of the masses. Not a dumb one, I hope.

superdave524 said...

More Art, Janka!

superdave524 said...

...waiting...